I am really excited to share with you all my DIY Tutorial on making your own Envelope Clutch bag today.
Coming from a Fashion & Textile degree, I wanted to share with you a tutorial that used some skills I developed at uni. So I thought, everyone loves accessories & Clutch bags have been an it trend for years now. So I wanted to show you all how you can make your own clutch bag! & I want to show you how easy & stress free it is to make your own (You don’t have to have an extensive knowledge in Sewing to make this either) :p – Just a Basic idea!
Before I go into details of making it here is the finished Bag!
& for a little Inspiration Here is what I’ve filled my bag with too!!!
I’ve filled my bag with my:
MAC – Select Sheer Pressed Powder
MAC – Lipstick in Ruby Woo
Cheap Monday – Leopard Print Cat eye Sunglasses
MAC – On the Go Fix+ Spray
Cuticura – Hand Sanitizer
& Now the fun part, How to make your lovely Clutch Bag!!!
||How to Make your DIY Envelope Clutch Bag||
(1) Get your Selected Material & Measure it 100 x 34 cm
I’m using faux Suede, but you can pretty much choose any material for this ( make sure it’s thick & will hold shape, leathers, suedes, denim, fur are perfect for this)!!!
(2) Cut out your measured material
(3) Fold your 100 X 34 cm Piece of material in half (leaving you with a length of (2 x50) x 34 cm
& Sew down both sides of the 50 cm sides of the material, making sure you’re sewing the lines inside out!!!
(4) Turn the sewn material, right way up & Fold the bottom corners in & flip your bottom part up!!!
& Repeat with the top part, making sure your get the perfect shape to fit!
(5) Now, we will attach a paper clip or a Pin on the bottom folded in corners to fix the shape of the fold
(6) This is the messy part :p, you will down open the bottom folds and glue the outer corners (as shown in the picture below) I’ve applied the glue with a glove on, as we all know the feeling of having super glue stuck to your hands :(!!!
& then fold back in the envelope shape! & pile a couple of books on top (for a few mins) to set in the glue!
& then your bag is complete!!! 😀
You can fill it up and then fold it inside your envelope!!!
Here is a quick visual guide for all the steps on making your own DIY Envelope Clutch Bag!!!
I hope you’ve enjoyed my | DIY | – Envelope Clutch Bag Tutorial Blogpost!!!
Did you find the DIY Steps easy to follow, for making your own Envelope Clutch Bag?
Please do keep updated with the latest I am Serene L news & Updates via my Social Media Channels ❤
Lots of Love ❤
I am Serene L